Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
First New Lenses.. Any Recommendations?
  • I am ready to go beyond my kit lens. Most people I have read are suggesting the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 pancake as the best first purchase. Anyone have any comments or suggestions? I am also quite interested in getting some beautiful manual lenses and using them with an adapter, like a Nikkor or Rokkor from a pawn shop.

What do you guys think?

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • I think that you need to select that lenses exactly you need (at least category, like wide lenses, fast 50mm, etc), and use existing topic for them, or make new one if such really not exist.

I am strongly agains topics "Help me find ... ", "Recommend me ... ", as they create big amout of noise and quickly sink.

• First thing first, whats your price range?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I understand your concern, I am just asking for some wisdom as I am truly beginning to invest in to my hobby.

I am exploring my options. I don't want to make any noise, I just want to know what people would suggest to help me explore this wonderful world of photography and video beyond 14-40mm kit lens.

@sanzadez I am trying to go cheap for now, so I would like to spend about $500 to get a nice array of options, 1-3 interesting lenses to experiment with.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions