Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Happy 4th! Don't get blown up attempting this.
  • A few years ago I made this video to show my nephew how to make a dry ice bomb for the 4th of July. We got a warning from the police, so we can't do this in our neighborhood anymore, but if you are in a rural area, and can shoot some high speed stuff with you GH2 (put it behind some plexiglass for safety) it might be a fun thing to do for the Holiday.

sorry for the shitty quality - youtube sucked back in 2007

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Some friends of mine made one of those and it scared their dogs so bad that they ran into the woods and disappeared for a week.

• We used to make these little cannons we called "Boomers." They were basically a few soda cans with their top and bottom taken off, taped together. Then we punched holes in the top of one more can like swiss cheese, and a nail hole in the bottom of that same can and tape it to the barrel of cans. You'd squirt a few drops of lighter fluid in the last can,... shake it up a bit to get the fumes working, then light the nail hole with a lighter. They were loud! and cheap! fireworks for us country bumpkins.

• I blew myself up recently filming magnesium and potassium nitrate explosions.... hurt alot so be careful guys (although the stuff above is abit safer) if anyones interested in blowing stuff up (i still am as its a major part of my practice as an artist, i do work around the big bang, physics matter energy time god etc... ) then my suggestion to you is to get a good electronic detonation device .... i learnt the hard way, visco fuse is just not up to scratch with safety ..... so yeah its more fun is you dont spend months in hospital trust me .... :D

• You can get similar results and enjoy a wider safety margin by ingesting a few bowls of Wolff Chili.