Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sanctum
  • I like such films. It is not masterpiece.
    But at least it does not have false heroes, character development (except one, but this guys wanted money) and all this crap.
    It is like life. Infinite cycle of life. Constant problems, errors, consequences. And, almost forgot, I like caves :-)

And watch in 3D, of course.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I enjoyed this film. Forget the B cast, the cinematography is very good with some breathtaking underwater scenes and genuine drama. It goes very deep! :-)

• As a diver I liked this film a lot (although I know that all these underwater scenes should be MUCH more mystic and more scary. Here they are looking just TOO beautiful. In such places you just loose a feeling that you are still on Earth.).

Characters looked very lifelike to me. But at the same time I had a feeling, that everyone in the cinema was feeling boring ;)

• @Lohmatij

As I understand this film had been done by right hand of Cameron, director who, later, died in 2012. And who personally expirienced similar flood in caves (hence, film idea). So, they perfectly know that they are doing and wanted to make it realistic, but also watchable.

People are normally expect enourmous drama or special effects. And almots none of them had been in real caves.

• I used to go caving all the time. I actually got caught in a cave flood once. Not nearly as dramatic as that one in the trailer though. The water came up to our necks, not quite as a flash flood, but a hall that we passed turned into neck deep water in a couple of hours and we had to swim back through it before it filled up.

• @svart

Trailer is bad approach to judge this film.

Watch it full and in 3D.

• I thought this was very well done. I find it hard to believe it go so many poor reviews but I'm getting increasingly used to that fact. In the father and son you have two very solid performances and overall it had excellent cinematography even though I missed the 3D version. It seemed quite realistic to me and once the cave started flooding the drama didn't let up until the end. Very good pacing, very solid filmmaking.

And yeah, I have to think if more American "Hollywood" types were involved with this it would probably have had a slightly more upbeat if not happy ending which would no doubt have compromised the integrity of the movie.