Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Hacks Almost Working; Help Needed
  • Hello All,

New to the GH2 hacking world. I am a filmmaker. I shoot narrative fiction. The best hack/patch that I can find that looks like what I want is Kae's 65mbs GOP3 hack, but I understand that it only works for the older version of Ptool. I'm not looking for extreme hacks due to limited memory space and I like a softer look.

Here's my problem: I hacked the camera with the settings following the instructions from various sources exactly as described and everything looked to be fine (unlocked higher ISOs, the remaining recording time on screen was cut to 1/3 that of the native 24mbs). But when I actually recorded footage it looked no better than the unhacked test stuff I had already shot. And when I put it into Stream Parser it was confirmed. I am only getting 24-25mbs and the footage looks bad. When I found out that Kae's settings only worked with the older version of Ptool (3.61) I tried a different 66mbs hack and simply lowered the GOP to 3 in Ptool. Same thing happened. I've tried this several times and get the same thing every time. I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb 95mb/s card, so I'm fairly certain it's not the card's fault. I'm using Ptool v3.65d.

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I apologize if this question has been answered before. This is my first time posting on this site.

Attached are two screencaps of my Stream Parser results. No. 1 is with Kae's settings and No. 2 is the 66mbs that I got from the patch vault topic.

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions