Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ExTele with HDMI connected
  • Hi, I tried to find the response but had a hard time find it. in my case and I think a lot of people this is the most important feature. I really prey will works with the GH2 hack.
    Most of my work are events and ENG, having this enable while using an external Hdmi Monitor or EVF (for focusing and composition) would save me precious time in exchange lens during filming.

if is fully enable with the hack please someone post here the procedure. Thanks
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • No, this hasn't been solved 100% yet. However the good news is that it isn't risky like previously thought(meaning it could brick your camera even by testing it) and there have been some interesting discoveries as to how it behaves. For instance, I think Andrew Reid reported that it works when you hit record.
    Extele with HDMI and Focus Zoom in with HDMI are probably the 2 most important usability features I amlooking forward to
  • I have it working but only when record button is hit. Is that default for everyone? If not let me know and I will share the settings. May have something to do with Encoder Setting 4 because I don't remember it working before I changed that. I had the prompt but no feed.
  • Thanks I would love to hear how to make it work
  • ETC works on HDMI out? 2.6x and 3.9x? That's cool.
  • I'm pretty stupid so I just want to verify, with PTOOLs on GHe I can change settings(s) so the ETC image will be available via the HDMI output. If so, what setting(s) would I check or uncheck in PTOOLs, so I don't change a setting that would brick the camera. I told you I was stupid.
  • @wardas

You are not. You can't do it now.

Andrew just provided strange information.
  • Thank You