Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Smart thought
  • Hard work is a misleading term. physical effort & long hours do not constitute hard work. hard work is when someone pays you to do something you'd rather not be doing. anytime you'd rather be doing something other than the thing you're doing...you're doing hard work

(c) GC

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Same source. One of the unsaid principles of this community :-)

• Haha. I like.

• George Carlin rocks. Greatly missed.

• In one of Scott Adams(creator of Dilbert) books, he puts forth the idea of a stealth raise. Since you are getting paid to be at work because you would rather be somewhere else, if you make work less distasteful then it is as though you are getting paid more for the amount of displeasure you are experiencing. If your boss doesn't notice, it is a stealth raise.

One of my former coworkers wore slippers to work every day for a few years before our boss noticed.

• Hard work is when you get up in the morning, work all day till midnight, or later, then get up and do the same again, day after day, year after year, decade after decade. It could be you have to get paid, it could be you don't need to get paid, it could be you don't care if you get paid: it is hard work.

• Hard work is when you know you are working.

• Other smart thought:

Fuck a lotta women, kid, I have no reason to lie to you. Not just one, a lotta women.

From Little Miss Sunshine