Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
M4/3 S3D lens for one GH2 camera
  • I am looking for a simple solution to make 3D timelapses with one GH2. I've found this Loreo 9005 and that Panasonic LUMIX G 12.5mm F12 [H-FT012] 3D Lens. I found this video about the panasonic that states that it doesn't work with video.

Has anyone used and tried any of these lenses? Does the Loreo even fit on the GH2? I'd like to use them in video-mode, do they project side-by-side full or half frame?

ps: Because of timelapse use I don't mind that they are both very slow lenses!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @DirkVoorhoeve Maybe you can isolate contacts on the lens?

• both are wrong... all 3d lens work to record a vertical image side by side on 16:9 space. best way to build an high quality 3d timelapse is to remote camera by a timer like arduino based, that move a camera to build two different frame and shoot the left/right frame.

• Yes I understand you get lower resolution. That's part of the deal with this setup, isn't it?

I am not looking for a sub $200 lens to make 3D cinema! It's just as additional fun footage for short event-clips that I shoot with a full 3D cam.

@madrenderman if you can get me a timer and arduino-based remote-head for less then $ 200 please send me the e-bay link! I'll buy it immediately.

• That lens sells for like $70 on Amazon so don't pay that price for it. Also the lens doesn't let you shoot video naively, you have to block the contacts like @crunchy suggested. Someone on posted a how to shoot 3d video with this lens.. It takes a lot of post processing and the results are not amazing..

• I'll look into that. I'll also have a look at a cheap timelapse timer-remote, so I can take photos instead of video.

Any info on the Loreo 9005?