Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
New Music Video "Cronofobico"
  • First of all, thanks to all for what we´ve learn this couple of months! It has been much more than hacks and more about film making. This work was mainly done with timelapses, using burst mode, a timelapser controller and a DIY Slider.
    The other scenes were shot with @driftwood ´s orion! Hope you enjoy and we´ll apreciate any kind feedback

• 49 Replies sorted by
  • Fantastic work! Great song and video.

• That was incredible. Beautifully done and I love the song as well.

• thx guys!

• Superb!

• Just a question: how did you get the clock to melt?

• @MrEdd Which Micro Four Thirds lenses did you use?

• @rikyxxx using 2 hot air guns, one on each side, and getting real close between timelapser interval

@leejb4 2 lenses voigtlander 25mm and olympus 14-54 (wider shots)

• No-one's mentioned the colours yet, but I really love them. I assume it was graded in something or other?

Anyway smokin' video (in many senses)!

• Beautiful! very gentle hand. Anything with smoke or atmosphere gets my eyes. If you could post a link to where we could buy a cd of the music, that would be great. Love to see the motion control rig you developed for this. Thanks for posting!

• @MrEdd Thanks, and exquisite work. This has got to be some of the best GH2 work I've seen.

• Thank you @Mark_the_Harp! It was graded in AE with colorista II, I attached below a before/after comparison!

GradingA.png
    1920 x 816 - 2M
    GradingB.png
    1920 x 816 - 1M
  • @bheath I´m glad you like it! You can hear them on http://www.myspace.com/zorraproject And as soon as we can, we´ll post some pictures of the Slider.

• @Leejb4 Thank you! That is really encouraging since we all already have seen great work from this tiny camera!

• Great work, loved it...How did you do the shots of the band members fading in and out ,yet the camera is moving? were they green screened ?

• @bheath I attached some pics of the slider

@sammy Thx! It´s easier! Since the slider is motorized, you just need to make 2 takes, one of those without the subject and then play with opacity between them

1.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 132K
    2.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 109K
    3.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 124K
    4.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 113K
  • @MrEdd - Jeeze that's brilliant! And so is your use of it. Thanks.

• nice! do you have any links on how to make that slider?

• Yep - great use of a motorized slider to do two takes and mix between them. I've often done just a mix between two static shots, but using a slider to do repeatable shots and mixing between them - that's a genius idea!

• wow, thats a great idea, so the timing would be just perfect, i guess the only way to do that shot is using a motorized slider, a normal one wont work

• Wonderful! An excellent track with an excellent video. What more do you need? :)

• That, my friend was pure joy to watch. It embodies so much of what I love in this world . . . unique and original things; filmmaking, music, even the location was a piece of art. beautiful,

and since this is P-V, dare I say the GH2 gives it an unmistakable and wonderful vibe. You truly played to the camera's strengths here, you clearly paid attention to your lighting and framing.

• great! I's like to repeat& confirm what @B3Guy said.

• @MrEdd Thanks for sharing your craft and showing us how you made the video.

Looking forward to seeing some new music videos by you in the future :-)

• Brilliant work!

Great music, great footage and amazing grading & editing. Somehow I was lead top believe this was an American or British progressive band and I was about to comment on how they vaguely reminded me of Dead Combo:

And then I saw a few names in the comments and it hit me: "Shit, these guys are making brilliant music, they are Portuguese and I had never heard of them... Where the f**k have they been hiding?"

Well, it's a bit hard to keep up when dozens of great Portuguese bands have emerged in the last 2-3 years and in good time they did... :)

• Thanks a lot guys! It´s really great having your feedback!

About the idea of mixing the takes, it´s the same principle used on motion camera control, but on a low-tech device :)

@sammy unless you have a bishop on your film crew, that´s the only way