Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Point of view on Syria
  • The russian foreign minister gave a politically correct analysis of the syrian crisis,stating that Al Assad must stay to preserve Syria from civil war.

We have stated many times that Russia is not a defender of the current regime in Damascus and has no political, economic or other reasons for becoming one. We have never been a major trade and economic partner of that country, the government of which has communicated mostly with the capitals of Western European countries. It is no less clear to us than to others that the main responsibility for the crisis that has swept over the country lies with the Syrian government, that has failed to take the course of reform in due time or draw conclusions from the deep changes unfolding in international relations. This is all true. Yet, there are other facts as well. Syria is a multi-confessional state: in addition to Sunni and Shia Muslims there are Alawites, Orthodox and other Christian confessions, Druzes, and Kurds. Over the last few decades of the secular rule of the Ba’ath party, freedom of conscience has been practiced in Syria, and religious minorities fear that if the regime is broken down this tradition may be interrupted.

http://www.voltairenet.org/On-the-Right-Side-of-History

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Link only topics are not allowed.

As for article you reference it is mostly pointless and politically correct thing.

If you want my POV, it is simple. Criminal gang consisting of some international "elites" sponsors terrorists and private military companies. This guys fight with goverment and normal people. Most of this "elites" fully deverve paintful death already for all that they done. Same as most journalists from democratic(tm) media, who must be held responsible.

• It's all about the eternal war between nomadic predators versus sedentaries,Nomadic who whorship the golden calf and sedentaries who own different cultures :p

• So it's okay for Asad to bomb and murder innocent people since he's actually a really nice guy -- just like his daddy was.

• So it's okay for Asad to bomb and murder innocent people since he's actually a really nice guy

I said, held responsible. I am sure that you have proof here. That Asad bomb and murder innocent people with sole purpose of doing so (as truly independent(r) democratic(tm) media tell us).

• I'm not following you. You mean Assad should be held responsible? And that he's accidentally killing civilians? Marie Colvin reported on this extensively and she paid the ultimate price. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/marie-colvin-dead-american-war-reporter-syria_n_1293037.html

• @brianluce

Do not trick words. I said you must be held responsible.

As for your article, it is far from any proof.
    As for her deapth, it was her job as information soldier.
    How big damage she caused or could cause? Enormous.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions