Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
2.67:1 aspect ratio on Zacuto EVF or Small HD DP6 monitors?
  • Hello,

I am wondering which of these two monitors (Zacuto EVF or DP6) can output a 2.67:1 aspect ratio from my Panasonic GH2? I am shooting anamorphic (x1.5).

Thank you for your advice/knowledge/help.

Respectfully,

Ivan

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • DP6 comes with a setting for 2.35 .. and the ability to set your own .. it's fiddly and you have to break out a ruler :)

• I couldn't get 3.56:1 working right on my friend's DP6, if anyone's shooting with 2X anamorphics. I squeezed it as far as it would go without glitching out but it was kind of a letdown.

• So, if the DP6 is fiddly - does that mean it's THAT much easier on the Zacuto EVF? Has anybody here shot 2.67:1 before?

• I e-mailed SmallHD about the issue a few months ago, they responded they are "considering" including a 3.56:1 mode in a future firmware update (I'm talking about the DP4, btw).

I'm sure more people asking about it can only increase our chances of actually them implanting it!