Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Conforming MJPEGs to 25p with Cinema Tools produces files that FCP won't import. Any other workflow?
  • Sorry if this has already been answered, I've been searching the forum but so far without finding a solution.

I'm trying to get MJPEGs from the GH2 to play at 25 (or 24) fps for a slight slow-motion effect. However when I conform the clips with Cinema Tools, the resulting files cannot be imported in FCP, as I get the error "File Error: Unknown File".

Does anyone know what the problem is or could help me out with an alternative workflow to get FCP to playback the MJPEGs at 24 or 25fps?

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Found an alternative workflow so I'll post it here for anyone with the same problem: In my case it worked when I first imported the MJPEGs to FCP then exported from FCP as ProRes 444. The resulting ProRes files I could then conform via Cinema Tools and reimport in FCP. Obviously pitch shift needs to be corrected (for example using AUShift filter in the Apple Tab of the Audio Filters - results are ok, but not perfect), but the files play back fine at 24p or 25p or whatever you choose.