Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
85mm F1.5 Helios Cyclop Version
  • I won this lens on ebay thinking it was the 40-2 85mm f/1.5 model. What I got was the lens in the Cyclops configuration which has its aperture fixed at f/1.5. I know I got ripped off (by a US seller who didn't explicitly say it was the 40-2 but didn't exactly make it clear that it was the Cyclops configuration), but the lens is in great shape. Before I return it, I wanted to see what others would do in a similar circumstance. I've been searching far and wide for this lens, and though it's not exactly what I was looking for, should I think for a second about keeping it?

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • File a complaint @ paypal & ebay and tell them the items was not as it was in the description.

• Send it back and get the Rokinon 85/1.4

• definitely. I still want the Helios though. That bokeh is one of a kind.

• Love the Helios, I had a 40-2, and a 40-1...don't be afraid of the older 40-1 version, it's bokeh is just as good and you can often find them a bit cheaper!