Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cine Gear 2012 Los Angeles
  • Just wanted to start a topic for Cine Gear to see if anyone has gone and any news you can bring back to the forum.

I went yesterday and had a pretty good time! Hung out with the Panasonic guys and shot the shit for a bit about some lens concerns we were having with the GH2 and they invited me over to their facility next week to do some real tests with it. Should be great info for us here. Also, they were amazed at what Vitaliy has done with the GH2 and one of the head sales guys is trying to get the developers of the AF100 to open up the software so it can be hacked the same way! Cool news but it might be old to some of you.

Also, I believe I was the only one walking around with a GH2. The SLR 12mm was attached as well as a Vari ND and I got more than a few strange looks as people were trying to figure out what the hell I was shooting with. On a few occasions, I had someone walk past me and say,"Best damn DSLR in the world!" Yes, I know, it's not a DSLR but still pretty cool regardless. A few of em had 5D's so that made me laugh.

Anyways, as soon as I talk to the Pany guys, I'll report our findings. Thanks and have a kick ass weekend!

Vic

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions