Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cheap camcorder w high bitrate
  • any cheap small sensor camcorder with decent bitrate? i love the idea of something that autofocuses really well but i also dont want blocky artifacts and aliasing. in other words a hacked tm900 would be great, a sony pj760 too. so what do you suggest? ex1s, are too much &. and handy cam size would be ideal. i want to shoot a whole feature without a cam operator. just me un it and setting up a camera. yes static, i have leica glass gh2 etc but dont care about film look or sensibility. thanks

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • JVC gc-px10

36Mbt/s no need to hack..

• Sony MC50 .. 24Mb/s .. is that enough?

• I suggest Panasonic SD90 or newer V700.

They have 28Mbit 1080p60. Thing is that H264 behave much better with high bitrate, as changes are smaller. Plus encoder is just better compared to m43 cameras.

• I think im just going to shoot it in 3d. Sony td10. Static shooting in 3d supposedly works well. I want to make artsy 3d films and just project them myself. Think dogme 95 in 3d ;) thanks for the replies lovers C Ps: i know about active/passive etc. skip that.

• Sony TD10 is not made to shoot 3d films :-) Especially considering that it doesn't have any manual 3D mode. and 3D is interlaced only.

Plus you really contradict with yourself, as TD10 is not really cheap camcorder.

• GoPro Hero 2 3D kit when they release the 36mbit protune firmware with flatter gamma response. That will be really good. I saw footage from the 36mbit firmware at NAB. Very very good for an ice cube camera.

• @bannedindv I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. GoPro isn't known for being prompt and since they won't even give a release date, it may not exist beyond the concept stage.

• I'd like to see a GOP1 50 to 100mbit goPro hack personally...

• I think core think here is proper video camera functionality, GoPro really is not made for this task.

• Canon M400. Cheap, great IQ, 24 bitrate max but no aliasing and great LL. You will have to remove pulldown, which is a pain.

• Ok so im thinking now that 24p would be good. 1080p w/ decent bitrate is the way to go.Ive also thought about hi8 but thats another story. The plan is to walk to any place with lavalier on hand camcorder to somebody and have that person be my dp for a scene. Thats why manual focus is no good. But 24p 1080p auto focus camcorder and cheap would be great!!! Suggestion. Common vitaly dont close me, ill shut up and run away soon!!! :)

• Nevermind. Going to bite the bullet and get the pj760v close this sucker!!!!! Good weekend folks

• actually im still looking for a camcorder that does native 1080p 24p so i can mix natively with my gh2 footage. Not something in a pro line that's really expensive, so far it looks like Canon hv g10 can do this. any other suggestions?