Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Dust storm
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • Yep, welcome to my reality. I live north west of there, but have seen many of these dust storms from the air. They can move at up to 75mph, and are very fascinating to watch.
    These happen down in Phoenix several times a year, and also happen where I live. You can see them coming for miles. It's best to be inside when they hit.
    They usually hit just before Sunset, and I have yet to film one(don't have a good vantage point-plus, it's starts pouring rain just after the cloud passes-not fun).

We had one hit here last night, at around 11:30 P.M. it went from calm winds, to 60mph winds, instantly. This is what we in Arizona call, the Monsoon Season.
    You can have a virtually cloudless sky, and as the dew point and humidity increase at night, you get violent thunderstorms. I love the Desert.