Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Should I buy this lens tomorrow? $550 for Tokina 11-16 USED Canon mount?
  • It's for my 5D MK II. Will it work ok as a 16mm?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7077/7274331460_358d5ee187_b.jpg

Do you think the lens is ok? Is that dust on the lens on outside or inside? Would you buy this for $550 if you had the chance?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • It's a great lens but they are selling new at Samys for $650 right now. It's hard to get a used one for under $600 though. You might want to check if it can be used with a full frame sensor. I can't remember if it starts to vignette at the widest point or not. I'm sure someone will provide that answer. But it's being repackaged as a cine lens for 3 or 4 grand right now. The past two behind the scenes videos of Reds I've looked at lately both had this lens on it.

• I believe 14-16 is ok for FF. The vinegrette gets bad below that. :) Thats a good deal if everything is ok.

• @pvjames, oh cool. I wasn't sure. I was just test driving one today at Samys but the only way it will work on my GH2 is with the damn $300 Novaflex adapter. None of the cheap ones work with Nikon lens' on my camera, so that turns it into a $1000 piece of glass real fast! Awesome lens though!

• @jokerzd2

I really suggest to use existing 11-16mm topic in Lenses