Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ProRes and DNxHD
  • Being an EDIUS / PC user I don't have access to encoding ProRes (the ProRes for PC ffmeg is still a work-in-progress). After considering alternative delivery format options I've settled for Avid's DNxHD.

However, I'm curious to know how it compares to Prores422 and would thus welcome comments from people who are familiar with ProRes and DNxHD.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • DSLR Post Prep Utility will batch convert ProRes, Avid DNxHD, uncompressed and 4:4:4 ProRes on your PC for free at http://hdcinematics.com/NewWeb/tools.html

• Thanks...will check it out.

I've also just discovered that the new 64bit Windows version of 5DtoRGB will do ProRes! My quick test encodes so far are looking good.

• @notrons - thanks for that link! These software providers are amazing. I like the donation system as well - as we are experiencing here. I do like the dnxhd format. I'm an avid person and hope to stay on pc.

• DNxHD suppose to be an excellent codec so don't you worry.