Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Please help a newbie with GH2 settings
  • Hi,

I just joined and contributed via PayPal. Thank you to Vitaly and everybody who has worked on these cameras for all of us.

I am new (as in brand-spanking new) to video. I hacked the G2 with an lpowell patch, and I got some decent results filming lizards off a tripod. So I got excited and bought a brand new GH2.

I found the "best GH2 hacks in one place" thread, but there is WAY too much information there for me, given my current low level of technical knowledge about video. I will learn more eventually, but at the moment I just need advice on a decent patch to get me started with the GH2.

I am interested in documentary-style video, although much of the time I will be shooting off a tripod. I will be shooting wildlife, and also documentary scenes in the streets of a city. I will need decent low-light performance from time to time. I want a good balance between high bitrates and long record times. I am also interested in time-lapse photography. I am also interested in guidance in the menus of the camera as to what the different settings are. Is this possible? I kind of fly by the seat of my pants with the G2, because the menus don't tell me anything.

Thank you very much for your help.

Bob

P.S. If this is posted to the wrong sub-forum, could you please move it for me? Thanks.

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions