Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Ultrabook recommendation
  • Looking for a lightweight windows notebook for editing with premiere pro. The Asus ux32vd with nvidia looks ideal but it is not out yet and I need something now. It looks like mercury hardware works with ati Gpu in OpenGL. Is it the OpenGL or the gpu that makes it work? Would a notebook with intel 3000 or intel hd graphics also work?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Alas, there are only very few lightweight notebooks with usable (as in: at least 1920x1080) display resolution and enough CPU power for video editing on the market as of today.

If price does not matter, the Sony Vaio Z already has what you need.

I will probably wait for the Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A to become available and buy one...

• Just transcode to CF and any ole' laptop will work.

• BTW: I meanwhile bought the Asus UX32VD, and I am very happy to say that this is the first notebook I've experienced which offers a display (1920x1080 non-glare IPS panel) that is good enough for "mobile grading" ;-)