Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
A Guttersurf and the Hardly Shot Shot- Need feedback for a crowdfunding video!
  • I'll be leaving in a few months on a bike trip with a buddy that will take us around 9 months covering Europe and South-east asia. We will be shooting a form of travel show (episode format), but the travelling part of it will be minor. We're focusing on the urban aspect of the cities we'll be stopping in (about 2 weeks for each): looking for young urban communities that gather around a common passion/hobby/lifestyle, and trying to capture their atmosphere. At the same time, instead of giving it a traditionnal travelogue format, we're aiming for something slightly more entertaining with a fair bit of fiction (mainly skits).

We're still lacking funds for a few things and will be launching a crowdfunding campaign pretty soon, it'll also serve to publicize it of course (redirecting to the page). We've made this video for the campaign, and I'd like some feedback.

The thing is that we've gotten some feedback that it might not be appropriate at all for a campaign, since it's not as direct as most crowdfunding videos, and might lack some info. Info that will basically be clearly written in the text that goes along.

The question is: Do we have to modify this video, or entirely redo it, or do you think it serves its purpose well. To me the goal of the video is to give the viewer and idea of who we are, and what we could do, and not as much just give all the essential info that can be given by text. I'm possibly entirely wrong. Redoing it would potentially delay the whole ordeal, and in that case, I'm thinking of making a very simple and direct explanatory video (us in front of the camera) along with some kind of a short to show what we want to do, an example if you will.

Password: guttersurf

This isn't the very final edit, there are a few kinks left to be worked out (mainly sound and timing on some jump cuts), don't hesitate to point any more out! It's of course entirely shot on a hacked GH2 with Sanity 4.

Thanks guys!