Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SD CARD TOO SLOW? HELP PLEASE
  • Hi guys, i been using the Driftwood patches.. Specifically the Sedna Q20B.. I get great footage but witness some jelloing... And my biggest gripe is why does my camera get so unstable.. I can shoot for 2 days straight with no problems.. Then i go to use my camera again.. and it starts hiccups.. It starts saying my card is too slow.. etc etc.. I can only get 14sec clips and then maybe some 50sec clips and so on.. its just unstable..

Any ideas..?? Also looking to download some more stable all around patches.. and maybe Mysteron.. Any idea where to download them?? Am i doing something wrong with my memory cards? I have the Sandisk EXTREME PRO 16GB 95MBs Card.. i don't see why its too slow.. Its the fastest out..

Thanks everyone..

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • many reports the best sandisk cards are the 30mbps ones, the 95mbps cant keep up.. welcome to the world of good marketing ! The 95mbps is read speed not write speed.

• Sanity 4-5 and Cake 2.3 , Lpowells Flow Motion, are very stable patches or try Driftwoods Sedna AQ1...

Under: Hack and patches ! you'll find them all. You just need to read !

I use the the same SD-cards like yours (16-64) without any problems.

The SD 95mbps is one of the fastest cards. Its not a question of marketing.

Do you format your sd-card , after changing hacks ???

• @WRLEO It's been my experience that the card speed is only part of the equation. The processor is only so powerful and there is only so much buffer available. Certain things stress the processor like lenses with autofocus and exposure. Turning those things off doesn't seem to help because there's still communication going on.

The more complex the scene being videoed, the more strain put on the camera resources. Running water is the worst for me, brushy areas being panned is next in line. I think that's why you're seeing a lockup at times but not others.

Sedna AQ1 will give me a card speed error with a 64G95mb card when I pan over open water in 720P. Mysteron won't. I can't get Sanity or Flow Motion or No Adverse Affects to lockup no matter what.

• thanks guys.. I'm confused as hell ... lol.. I'm going to start formatting in camera .. and try to use mysterion..

any other suggestions??

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions