Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
BlackMagic: Features you want to see
  • I don't really like such topics with list of potential things that mostly never happen :-)

But anyway. People ask for this, so let this topic be.

My personal list:

1. m43 mount.
    2. Removal of integrated monitor.
    3. Removal of internal battery.
    4. Removal of both audio ports and headphone output, leaving only one digital audio input.
    5. Complete removal of Thunderbolt port and replace it with USB 3.0.
    6. Removal of internal SSD slot
    7. Removal of HD-SDI port.
    8. High speed Wi-Fi supporting distant monitoring via iOS and Android devices. Same support via USB port.
    9. Sell this for $999 :-)
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Then slap a Lumix logo on it and call it the GH3!

• @dsavage

Nope. GH3 will be normal consumer, integrated camera. Nothing like it, even remotely.

• An M43 mount, a web interface for remote control, a higher FPS and multiple crop factors would certainly get me stumping up for one

Ohh, and a Vitaliy friendly firmware would be the icing on the cake :)

• a web interface for remote control

I prefed known protocol and ready to run software.

a higher FPS and multiple crop factors

Best will be to define ant start point and rectange dimentions on sensor :-)

• Prores 4444 recording onboard.

Wifi control module.

Blackmagic / Goyo Optics f2.0 lens set?

Timecode jamming via one of the audio ports maybe?

• Prores 4444 recording onboard.

Considering sensor it is pointless to record in 4:4:4

• x264 open source support, maybe Morgan pro or cineform. 24 bit audio, better yet, lightpipe. Focus zoom, false color.

• I am all for x264 based RAW codec, as I described (using color fileds separation)

• open sources, for sure, and a shallower mount.. something like Sony E mount.. shallow and large diameter.. so basically anything can be mounted to it.

• 4x3 shooting mode & custom monitor squeeze for anamorphic monitoring :)