Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
beginner question I just got a 30mb/s class 10 needing to know whats the fastest kbps i can record
  • i know theres alot of hacks that go upto 176kbps if i have a 30mb card whats the fastest kbps i can record at. thank you in advance

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • I believe you meant to say "up to 176 Megabits per second".

From my experience, a decent 30Mb/s card should allow you to use a 42Mbps patch and give you just enough room to breath on highly detailed shots.

Using a 45MBs extreme Sandisk, I'm getting write speeds of 14-18 Megabytes per second (when tested on the computer) and I have been recording 60-110 Megabits per second with comfort.

For reference, a 50 megabits per second stream translates to some 6.25 megabytes of constant transfer rate every second.

• Any card will work up to 42 mb/sec with the no adverse affects settings @ 24p. 60-110 mb/sec sounds right for the maximum of the 30 mb/sec Sandisk I have.

• I've used the Sedna patches which are 154mb/sec on these cards successfully. Of course there is no spanning. Ofcourse it depends on what you are shooting. I just shot mostly outdoor with trees etc.

• Ditto, I've gotten between 130-145mb/sec (Sedna) outdoor, with this card. Great card, great price nowadays.