Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
new to gh2 hack ! loading 1080p file but I'm only getting interlaced recording
  • hi guys !so far i have tried ,cbrandin's 44M AQ4 ,cbrandin's 66M AQ2 ,Driftwood's 132M AQ2 i believe that all of this supposed to be 1080p files but after i load the hack i only get 1080i file i can see the little jagged lines as i pan the cam , and if i check the bit rate on the vlc player its only about 24-27mbs I'm really not sure whats going on . i did all the steps that i need to do , 720p looks good an i got higher bit rate on that 30-36 mbs on cbrandin's 66M AQ2 is there a setting i need to do in the camera ? i select 24p cinema 24h and there is only 1080i or 720p so i select 1080i no 1080p setting that i can see ,the video clips on vimeo so nice , but i can't figure out whats wrong whit my settings , I'm on mac , i have PTool v3.65d whit wine , so i select GH2_V11.bin i select the green button load the new settings after i did that i check the new setting all checked marked settings are good 66mps save the firm ware on the card lode the card to the cam power on press play select new update after its done try the cam but again its only 1080i :( what do i miss in here can u guys help please ?

john

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Set the top dial to creative movie mode, and then in the menu, choose 24p cinema. Leave the top dial on creative movie mode while you are shooting video. If you're still not getting 1080p, do menu, settings, reset.

• Hi! Thank you for taking your time to read my post, now my speed is up after i reset the cam, but I'm still getting jagged image if i move the cam left or right, to me it looks that its still interlaced , or something ells ?

vlcsnap-2012-04-20-23h07m17s34.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 288K
  • What do you see at the top center of the LCD when you are recording video?

• i see ! when i was pressing record it changed to 24 FHS for some reason , but after i changed to 24H all looking good , thank you so much for all the help, you are very kind :) i just got this cam 3 days, i still have to learn a lot thanks again !!! the Fn1 button change the 24H for me to 24Fsh i think that was the problem john

• @johnb It might be useful to you to know that sometimes you have to select the setting twice before the GH2 registers it. Always check what setting is showing at the top before you hit record, to make sure it registered your last selection.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions