Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Is there any laptop affordable for editing S5IIx data in DaVinci?
  • My current laptop is a Pavilion Gaming with a Ryzen 5 4600H processor with an NVDIA GTX 1650 card. Until a few months ago it was working fine, but after a few problems it has not been the same. The GTX card is not working either, so it is a torture to edit files on the S5IIx, which is why I have to use proxies.

This is forcing me to buy another laptop, I think the ideal would be a 15" Macbook with 32GB of RAM, the drawback is that the price is high and my current economy is not the best, in the Windows environment the most affordable ones are not to my liking, designs that look like geeks with lots of lights -mine has a keyboard with lights, but that was because I bought it on a very good offer- or they are heavy, many with fast processors but integrated cards, although it is said that the technology of integrated cards has improved a lot, I don't know if they could render my files without jamming.

Also the issue of screens and color reliability is essential. I think I will have to go to Apple directly.

Any suggestions?