Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Feedback on Rigs
  • I guess these would be considered lower cost of the quality high end rigs. Would like to get your personal feedback on any of these or alternatives if I missed a company. I am looking for a complete rig my AF100 and GH2. Thank you!

• 20 Replies sorted by
  • I edited your topic title.

It is very hard to understand what do you want in reality.
    If you want to quickly get feedback about rigs, best bet is to do homework and read various topics about them.

• Gini rigs. Very cost effective.

• I am sure that he wanted opinions. Not "Get this black cat. He so like to lick his balls, you'll be amazed :-) " stuff As for cost effective, you can also check our deals. Gini is good also, of course.

• I've actually been reading around here the past few days and "other" forums. Continue doing my research before biting the bullet. But current feedback is always good. btw, did the lanparte handle issues ever get resolved?

• btw, did the lanparte handle issues ever get resolved?

What issues you are talking about? They do not supply old handles, at least not in our deals.

• in this thread there were recent issues:

This is not recent issues. This is talk about their old handles.

• ok thanks for the clarification Vitaliy.

• I've been a proud Lanparte rig owner for a couple of months now and can confidently say I have zero buyers remorse. It's a great product. Good build quality, flexible in terms of the configurations you can make from it and well worth the money.

In terms of the design there is only one flaw that I have encountered and that is the screw for tightening the handgrips onto the 15mm rods brushes slightly against the sides of the rod bridge. It tightens fine and its by no means a dealbreaker but it could use 1mm extra of clearance on either side. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

• thanks mythmaker. do you use it on a GH2? how heavy is it? i keep hearing the Tilta rig is heavy which is why i'm leaning toward the Lanparte.

• I use it with a Canon 60D which is a bit heavier than a GH2. I can't say how exactly heavy it is since I haven't yet gotten round to weighing it - it's on my list of things to do since I'm looking at head/tripod options.

That said, I'm not a guy who works out regularly and can lift cars and stuff (!) and I don't find the rig heavy. I've used big 35mm movie cameras before so compared to something like an Arri BL4 this thing is super light. Don't forget that a little weight and heft is a good thing since it helps with stability. The key is to make sure you're rig is set-up so that it's well balanced and not front or back heavy.

I've heard the Tilta rig is pretty heavy too. I looked at it as an option but didn't like the way the camera was placed on top of the shoulder pad - good for balance yes, but bad for accessing controls on the camera and I didn't want a follow focus knob right in my face :)

• You need some weight on the rig. Real cameras are heavy :)

Has anyone tried the "Complete solution with rig, FF and MB" that is in the Specials right now?

• I like this rig a lot..only $17

fed5b31cfca380d937fd56f1d998a5.jpg
    227 x 128 - 4K
  • @mythmaker .. I read somewhere that the lanparte camera mount, needs to be filed to allow battery access with out removal. Can you comment on this?

• I bought some rod clamps, rods and handle grip of Lanparte. Very satisfied with the items. They are good qulity and smart. The Carbon Fiber Rod is useful and cheap. They are worthy buying.

• @kavadni I can access the battery compartment fine on my rig but then I'm using a Canon 60D. I'm guessing you're asking about the GH2? Would a battery grip provide you with a solution (the kind where the battery compartment slides out horizontally)? I've used my 60D with a battery grip and the c-bracket/top handle assembly still had clearance.

• @Mance I just received my Lamparte base plate today. Great construction, very solid, and super light. Couldn't be happier! My only gripe, and this has nothing to do with the quality of the unit, is that I can't pop the battery compartment open due to the width of the qr plate. I'll probably end up filing it out, and perhaps toss up a video review in the next few days.

IMG_0268.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • I don't use an internal battery on my LPT rig. It works much better using an external battery connected to the DC coupler.

• @kupchenpo I don't use the baseplate but it would be my next wishlist. what's the status ? Did you solve the problem?

• I have posted this elsewhere .. this is my Lanparte plate

P1000001.JPG
    1000 x 562 - 86K