Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
War: China demand from US to tell world about bio weapons labs
  • The Chinese government is calling on the United States to immediately disclose information about the military biological laboratories located in Ukraine and the viruses that were being researched there. This was announced on Tuesday at a regular briefing by Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian.

As he noted, 26 American laboratories and other such facilities operated on the territory of Ukraine. "The United States, as the party that has the most information about laboratories, should disclose relevant data as soon as possible, including about the viruses that were there and the nature of the research on them," he said.

Some of US info had been captured during war and it seems like China will use new information to press US.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev please get used to quoting your source. I'm not saying the briefing didn't happen, it's just that if I wanted to pick up this lead and run a story with it, I wouldn't know where to begin. Probably the Chinese Foreign Ministry, which I've no clue how to find.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev so it's a tweet describing the actions of a lower level Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson. Not quite what you packaged it as. The larger issue is QAnon runs with it, and those are untouchables, one can't run a story associating with their beliefs. Also it's "fact-checked" heavily by mainstream media in the US, so once I'd run the story I'd be labelled as peddling disinformation and fake-news. Leaving these externalities aside for a moment, there should be some material proof for it to be a story, otherwise it's just the fog of the information war.

• @radikalfilm

Not quite what you packaged it as.

I never packaged anything, just posted as it was.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev you're, right, sorry, you spoke of your Russian media source, which I haven't seen, and you provided translation from the original in Russian in the snippet you posted above, whereas the gbnews.uk link speaks of a tweet ABOUT a Chinese spokesman, without naming him. I basically forgot about your text and thought only of the coverage in the British site. There was no ill intent, my attention just slipped.

Regardless, it's not something I can cover, for reasons stated above. I looked into the underlying story, which has actually been running for years, stemming from the US-Ukraine biosecurity treaty. China's statements are basically a chess/Go move on a much larger diplomatic board. My audience, which has the attention span of a goldfish, and consumes morsels of 2-3 sentences coupled with a pic, would be ill served anyway.

• China reply to bioweapons.PNG
    750 x 752 - 359K