Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
War: Facebook, Youtube, Twitter openly declared to be part of US propaganda machine
  • Russian authorities have asked to stop discriminating so called fact-checking and labeling of content published by Russian media on Facebook, but Meta, which owns the social network, has refused to do so, vice president Nick Clegg said on Twitter.

Instead Meta started to promote US fake information and UK Nazis posts.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Twitter announced that it was monitoring “emerging narratives” about the Ukraine war that will be censored if they represent a violation of the company’s policies.

Read - if they don't match with proper propaganda.

• Twitter blocked the ability to register accounts in Russia.

Plus this shits have special team that deletes any info they don't like that is reposted by people.

• Instagram blocked the account of Ramzan Kadyrov's assistant, which had 8.6 million subscribers. The head of Chechnya used it after blocking his own page.

Among his latest publications was a video of the Chechen military before they were sent to Ukraine.

• Video hosting YouTube has banned monetization on the platform of several Russian media outlets, including the RT TV channel, due to Russia's special operation in Ukraine. This was reported by Reuters, citing a company statement.

“Referring to extraordinary circumstances, YouTube said it is suspending monetization on the service for several channels, including Russian channels associated with recent sanctions,” YouTube spokesman Farshad Shadlu said in a statement.

Videos from these channels will be less likely to be recommended. According to Shadlou, RT and several other channels will no longer be available in Ukraine due to a "government request", presumably Ukrainian.

Facebook (owned by Meta Platforms, Inc.) on February 26 banned Russian state media from running ads and monetizing them. Facebook's cybersecurity director Nathaniel Gleicher wrote on Twitter that Facebook will continue to "label additional Russian state media" in the coming days.

Meta Vice President Nick Clegg explained that such measures were taken in response to "Russia's invasion of Ukraine."

• Let me get this straight.

In the UK, RT TV has been on air for many, many years.

But in Moscow, I can be arrested within 10 seconds of leaving my apartment if the government knows about my political opinions or intentions to join a public protest.

And the Western democracies are the anti-free-speech people??????

• @AndrewReid_EOSHD

But in Moscow, I can be arrested within 10 seconds of leaving my apartment if the government knows about my political opinions or intentions to join a public protest.

Well. I want to upset you here, no one cares about your views here. No one gives a fuck.

And the Western democracies are the anti-free-speech people??????

Of course they are, as any capitalist democracy is only mask of bloody murderers who hate any freedoms. And with time they will remote it :-)

• Bloody murderers? Last time I looked the UK and Germany are not using thermobaric weapons against our partners in neighbouring democracies.

https://twitter.com/PersuasivePR/status/1497655714562592779

• @AndrewReid_EOSHD

They had been using stuff in Libya, Yugoslavia and lot of other places :-)

• The social network decided to attribute to fakes messages about the destruction of the headquarters of the Operation of the United Forces of Ukraine in the Donbass, as Denis Pushilin publicly stated, and about the absence of a threat to the population of Ukraine from Russia - from a briefing by the Ministry of Defense

Facebook is already limited in Russia. Now it is time to cut it off.

• “American social networks — Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube — which are under the control of Washington, launched an information war against Russia. They violate their own rules, the norms of international law, restrict freedom of speech, spread false information,” Volodin said.

He also added that the spread of fakes about military operations in Ukraine would be punishable by fines of up to 5 million rubles, and in cases that entailed serious consequences, up to 15 years in prison.