Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cameras sales: 2021 best cameras, Panasonic is absent first time in history
  • BCN+R's top-selling cameras of 2021:

• Sony A6400 Double Zoom Lens Kit (Black)
    • Canon EOS Kiss M2 Double Zoom Kit (White)
    • Canon EOS Kiss M Double Zoom Kit (White)
    • Sony A6400 Double Zoom Lens Kit (Silver)
    • Sony ZV-E10 Power Zoom Lens Kit (Black)
    • Canon EOS Kiss M2 Double Zoom Kit (Black)
    • Canon EOS Kiss M Double Zoom Kit (Black)
    • Fujifilm X-A5 Lens Kit (Silver)
    • Olympus PEN E-PL10 EZ Double Zoom Kit (White)
    • Fujifilm X-A5 Lens Kit (Brown)

As far as I know Panasonic have special payments and premiums on many markets now as otherwise shops reject to supply their FF cameras and lenses lineup. Horrible sales of S line is widely known.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Do you think there is still hope for the Panasonic S (Full Frame) ?

My Panasonic S Pro lenses are really great, close to Leica lenses and IMO superior to Sony GM, but I seriously doubt of the L mount future. Nothing seems planned for 2022 except the 18mm f1.8.

• @yaz72 - Sales are abysmal. I don't think going into FF from m43 got them much sales boost. It's hard to make it in the Sony/Canon/Nikon stratosphere. The video options seems to been loved by many, but mostly by people who already was into the Lumix fold from the GHx-series.

But as long as Panasonic don't abandon camera manufacturing...

From the GH6 thread @Vitaliy_Kiselev stated:

In reality, lot of Panasonic managers want to stop making their FF system first and leave only 3 cameras in m43 range.

We know that the GH6 is finally out for a refresh of the GHx series in a few weeks time. There are rumours about improved phase detect auto focus, hopefully also some other "wow" features after the latest last minute revisions.

Features which probably will migrate into new Lumix S bodies. If they continue.

I think they really need to step up the auto focus feature.

• I feel a little weird myself, just now trading my old Nikon's for a bunch of S lenses, but I'll be damned if the S1 and lenses aren't so good I guess it doesn't matter what happens to the company. I hope they survive and thrive, for what its worth.

• YMcinema was disappointed with Panasonic not announcing anything new at the CES 2022. They go so far to speculate that this might be the end of their camera division.

https://ymcinema.com/2022/01/05/panasonic-ces-2022-press-conference-r-i-p-camera-division/