Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Photoshop CS6 Beta topic
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • System Requirements

The minimum system requirements for Photoshop CS6 beta are as follows:
    Mac
    Multicore Intel® processor with 64-bit support
    Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7
    1GB of RAM
    2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation
    1024x768 (1280x800 recommended) resolution display with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended, required for Photoshop Extended) of VRAM
    OpenGL 2.0 capable system
    DVD-ROM drive

Windows
    Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
    Microsoft® Windows® XP* with Service Pack 3; or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
    1GB of RAM
    1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation
    1024x768 (1280x800 recommended) resolution display with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended, required for Photoshop Extended) of VRAM
    OpenGL 2.0 capable system
    DVD-ROM drive

• They opened public beta

• Could one use all features on the beta release and maybe save the files? Need the new sharpening function..

• so far i have checked, everything in it works

• Video editing is too slow to be of much use, as far as I can tell. Maybe it doesn't work well with prores.

• @Oedipax What graphics card do you have? All the new stuff in CS6 does really benefit from GPU support. But anyway I really think PS needs a UI cleanup, before they even pack more stuff into it. All the new tools and Filters are starting to get spread out through the whole interface and inconsistent in there integration :(

• @markus_b, it's an ATI 5870 at the moment. Not sure where PS CS6 stands as far as CUDA or OpenCL etc. I'll probably end up getting that new nVidia card with a ton of cores at some point.

• That card should support GPU acceleration. At least for the PS core stuff (filters etc.). Don't know 'bout the video part, Premiere 5.5 only supported Nvidia Cards.

• Ingests native .mts files, which is nice.

• Even ingests native R3D, whoohoo!