Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sensation! Sony want to release Sony a6xxx with new premium pricing
  • Three reliable sources told me: By the end of May Sony will announce a new High End APS-C E-mount camera. It will be the successor of the A6600.

What I also can tell is that the body of the new camera will only have smaller tweaks and changes while the sensor should be really new and one source wasn’t yet sure but he thinks it will have around 30MP.

Rumors are that we will see few "new" things:

• New APS-C sensors development is almost stopped in 2020, but we will see new sensors as development time is around 3 years
    • Sony won't make any new LSI, at least 2021 due to tight cuts and lack of funds, existing LSI price for Sony already jumped around 45%
    • Yet some FF features will be ported
    • We will see record price jumps without any BIG features change

As far as I hear EU sales talks - Sony soon plan to roll back into comfortable and high marginal second place. ALl resources now go to be able to compete with Samsung in smalls sensors market - autos and smartphones. It will be important for company to survive coming price wars, as it is only computer games and sensors that keep Sony afloat.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • so if its under 30MPX then its 4k , but at this stage of the game making less than 30MPx for 4k is not a sony trend, soooo i say this shit has some version of the 8k LSI used on the flagship camera and a super 35mm 8k sensor to challenge those FX3 users to go and grab cheap 8k and get used to that.

Its a marketing strategy to get into 8k for cheap but 4:2:0 on 10 bit even for 24p ($2300 dollars - $1800)

• Hoping for 8K non messed up not overheating.

• Got today one strange rumor from one talk

In early 2022 Sony plans to double retail prices on some FF cameras. Also, it will be prohibited to make any kits or provide other type of discounts.