Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Video Appears noisy on different computers
  • Hello. I recently purchased a Panny AF102. I notice that video files from this camera appears noisy on the blacks on my core i7 laptop and my c2d desktop. the blacks is certainly very noisy. But on my girlfriend's macbook pro late 2011 model i7, the blacks are true black and its not noisy. On the non-apple computers, the black seems to be very washed out and noisy. And guess what, the iso was set at the lowest, 200!!!! but it looks to me like it is 3200

I dont have such problem on a Panny GH2 clips. what could be the problem? Thanks!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @flyguy,a How about renting or purchasing a Monitor Calibrator- as the colours are probably way off on both screens if not calibrated correctly... (even the Apple Calibration software isn't that crash hot- hardware is really needed for this).

Most probably the Gamma settings are messed up...

• Is it original mts files or transcoded files your playing back?

If its a gamma issue you can check link and see your gamma setting and adjust it. http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gamma_calibration.php Try and adjust your gamma to 2.2 using you gamma slider in your nvidia or ati control panel.