Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Canon C300 vs GH2 Quantum X Orion v4 test
  • Hey guys, I have just reuploaded the quick comparison of the C300 VS GH2 with the 5dtoRGB transcode ( 1.8 ) and must say I am really happy with the results and increased latitude / flatness of the picture; its a yesterdays Orion v4..

Results are great. I knew the gh2 is going to have blacks baked in, oversharp issues and lower latitude straight from the camera, but I am really impressed by what I got out - 5DtoRGB makes it pretty much comparable to C300- I think the image resolution wise is quite near to the c300 image and could be further tweaked to produce great results, that will go side by side with the best cameras out there.

Got to buy some extra fast cards though, as my allegedly 32gb class 10 Transcend card froze on me a couple of times.. Tell me what u think..

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I'm only looking at the windowed Vimeo playback, but it looks pretty damn close to me! 5DtoRGB really makes a big difference.

• so you followed my hint ;-) Glad to hear that you're happy with that. 5DtoRGB is a great piece of software. Unfortunately it is not able to merge spanned files. ClipWrap does but 5DtoRGB does not read wrapped .mov files. :-(

• native, for example, directly into Vegas Pro 10 is even better

• but not for MacOS.

• @Clermond - Yes, 5DtoRGB is amazing - I have seen some great things done with it, but this is really amazing..

thanx for the hint got any more?;)

• @Oblikovalnik “Life is short, Break the Rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that makes you smile.” [as far as I remember author Mark Twain]