Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Odd video noise artifact on GH2 and Premiere Pro, Quantum X for 1.1 firmware
  • This may not have any real significance, but I figured I'd pass it along. Tonight, I tested my hacked GH2 camera in nighttime conditions, and shot a few moments on my front porch at 24fps using the ISO 12800 setting. For what it's worth, I was using Driftwood's Quantum X hack.

The footage was as noisy as one would expect. But when I imported it into Adobe Premiere Pro, something interesting happened. When I played the footage back in the preview window, and had the display set to 1/4 resolution, a series of random streaks appeared falling from the upper left to the lower right. It that resembled a heavy rain, or having a lot of thin leaves falling in a strong wind.

The artifacts did not appear when watching the footage at full resolution. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have any negative impact on the video.

As I said, this may not have any real significance. But I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.