Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Video Interlacing - I want to love this camera please what am I doing wrong?
  • Cut to the chase - using a hack or not my video has horrid absolutely unusable Interlacing. It's happened on stock and with the cluster v6 hack.

What am I doing wrong? I have a custom color setting with sharpness cranked to max,can this do it?

It's so so pronounced.not just a little. Large ugly vertical bars with motion every time.

A friend sent me a GH2. I create video blogs and plan to invest in a GH5s in the future but he sent it because I currently use a GoPro and his (correct) assertion that I need to learn with a real camera, coupled with the amazing video possible on a GH2 should help out my efforts.

Now the camera is like... Amazing. Panasonic obviously planned minimalist changed and built it to last, but this Interlacing is making nothing I do usable.

Sitting on a chair, filming as a talking head is as bad as filming real footage walking with motion etc.

I hope someone can help here, it's certainly a pain. Loading video into davinci resolve and seeing it cannot be used.

While we're at it I really want to use mjpeg with flow motion but the 2k stops recording.

I've tried using a card rated at 100mbps is that too low for what I am using?

I had the camera complain when using flow motion that the card wasn't fast enough which I understand as I needed a special card for my GoPro... Seems okay with cluster though.

Thanks!

EDIT - It was actually Davinci resolve causing this. Premiere pro handles the file well, and I solved the problem. Just wanted to update it.