Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SD Cards other than SanDisk
  • Has anyone tried the Delkin brand class 10 SDHC card? It claims to have a 95mb/s read and 80mb/s write. It's a UHS-I card and is categorized as an SDHC card. I wonder if these will work with any of Driftwood's high-quality hacks? Spanning? Can anyone comment on whether they've tried this card out, or based on the specs if this card will deliver the goods?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/764372-REG/Delkin_Devices_DDSDELITE633_32GB_32GB_Elite_Class_10.html

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Hey, I just posted something similar in the Quantum X v2 thread. I read recently about a Transcend UHS-I card that had write speeds up to 85mb/s I believe. Wondering if anyone has tried those out. Although at the moment they only make a 8GB and 16GB.

• @A_Boy_Named_Soo I just stubled upon the 32 GB Delkin Elite633 SDHC card as well. Where did you find it is a class 10 card? I can't find any class 10 logo, which makes me suspicious. It is the same as the Sandisk Extreme Pro 45 MB/s, which also didn't have a class 10 logo and also a minimum write speed which was much lower then 10 MB/s. So I wouldn't by it before doing some proper testing.

On the other hand, they claim it has 80MB/s (be aware: this is 80x8=640 mbps) write speed. They don't say it is maximum write speed, like the 95MB/s Sandisk do, and they say it's the fastest card on the market. So I am pretty interested in this claim.

@sanzadez I guess this is not new to you, but might be interesting for others: The Tanscend UHS-I card states maximum write speed. You want to know the avarage write speed, but that's never written on the package. The maximum write speed might indicate a higher average write speed, but it doesn't really say very much.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions