Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony E-mount lens on mft possible adapter?
  • Sony E-mount on mft possible is it possible and any adapters for it? I saw it other way around, but no for a mft mount to get sony lenses on it. I find it weird that you can not put a Sony lens on Panasonic with adapter, I don't see that combo, can't find it right away???

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Look on Wikipedia for Lens Mount Flange Focal Distance (FFD). They are all outlined there. It's not possible with out a lens in it to make up the FFD (and degrade) the image.

Same reason why you can't put a Canon FD on an EF mount. They made adapters with a lens inside to make up for the FFD and they were not popular since they degraded the image.

• Thanks CFreak all those distances seem very difficult. I was thinking also if it is possible to put to adapters on top of eachother and then a lens? Best to buy probably the camera brand with the same brand lens?