Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony Rx0 hack
  • Hi We have a project where we remotely control and power Sony Rx0 cameras. We have discovered that the Sony Rx0 has an internal RTC battery that goes flat after a few months. When the battery goes flat the camera requires a language and date and time reset. This stops our remote control connection and we have to then physically access the camera. We need to modify the firmware so that it does not require the language and time reset when the internal battery goes flat. All other settings are still stored and the control works fine after we reset the language, timezone and date time. I followed the links to the Sony source code distribution. Do you think it would be possible for me to make these changes. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Ok thanks Vitaliy. I have followed your work since the first GH1s. This is beyond my ability and experience. Is there anyone who would be able to help us commercially. Regards

• yes iv got a hacked gh1 (appreciated) also iv got an rx0 now. managed to set to "flat pictures" but im disappointed with this little camera, cos it seems sony have abandoned it re. firmware. they've given the mk2 touch focus but the mk1 is so bad it amounts to dysfunctional. if you want to shoot in flat profile, then sorry you have to put up with absolute rubbish ability to focus. if you shoot in "sony in total control" mode, then they might allow you the luxury of AF, but if you take the liberty of trying to utilize the PP setting for instance, then sorry, you've been barred from the world where you can expect your footage to actually come out in focus.