Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Some sort of Hack for external Microphone on the GF2?
  • Hi there, i hope this is the right place to ask but since i am very new to digital photography (just ordered my gf2, dont have it yet :) i wanted to ask if someone knows a way to use an external microphone on the gf2 regardless what the specs say?

Cheers,

Johannes

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • If you are really good you can disassembly it, unsolder electret mikes and solder wires with plugs and attach external electret capsules to it (like Panasonic WM61)

• Or buy GH2.

• if you did open it up, it would probably take a quiet audio line level signal too, as long as your sending equipment was tolerant of the 1 to 6 volts they are probably powering the electret condenser element with.

but given voiding warranties and doing probably surface mount reflow soldering, getting an external recorder and syncing the audio is a much better solution :)

• NO!! Buy zoom h1 its much much better!!!!!!

• using a seperate recorder is what i thought too. on the other hand that connector below the hotshoe looked very promising but probably its really just outputting the video for the evf.