Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Shortest FAQ on Quantum computers

Quantum computers will replace present architecture computers in the future?

No

Do companies have real progress in quantum computers as they declare?

Almost none. It is all of the same, just more cubits. Things are still extremely unstable and not useful outside special controlled places and with specially controlled people.

Are they actually useful?

Only for specific calculation tasks, usually companies tightly control and specially engineer such tasks to offer nice results for reports and PRs.

But why quantum computers are so loved by media?

Because we are observing modern type of scam like behavior and media play important role in keeping it alive. Huge money are being consumed by industry in relation to quantum computers, yet 90% of the spending goes in nice life of people involved and do not produce any meaningful results that society can use.

sa11587.jpg
    800 x 589 - 96K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • Longer addition

When I say Quantum Computing is a bullshit field, I don’t mean everything in the field is bullshit, though to first order, this appears to be approximately true. I don’t have a mathematical proof that Quantum Computing isn’t at least theoretically possible. I also do not have a mathematical proof that we can make the artificial bacteria of K. Eric Drexler’s nanotech fantasies. Yet, I know both fields are bullshit. Both fields involve forming new kinds of matter that we haven’t the slightest idea how to construct. Neither field has a sane ‘first step’ to make their large claims true.

https://scottlocklin.wordpress.com/2019/01/15/quantum-computing-as-a-field-is-obvious-bullshit/