Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DIY "remote" focus control (accurate, LEGO!)
  • Okay, so this is not a particularly clever invention, but it actually works and is quite useful, which makes it worth sharing. :)

Now, I've had an idea in my head for quite a while now; remotely controlling a DSLR's lens' focus ring using (I don't know the proper word) 'motor mirroring'. Basically using one motor as the "generator", and the other to control the focus. So it happens that I found my LEGO and made my idea! Really pleased with how it turned out, so I thought I'd make a video demonstrating it and to show it to everyone here, as I think it's of interest to the people who browse these forums.

It's pretty useful for me personally, because of my shooting style. If you have LEGO, try and build yourself one. Mine took an hour, but I'm sure if one was to invest more time a better device could be created!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Haha, cute wasn't what I was going for ;) but thanks never the less.