Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Shenzen Personal View
  • Following the trend on the Red scandal, i would like to point you to this old documentary. Like many here i believe that IP is a brake to creativity, technology evolution and human developement. I think it's even anti human, just look at your children in a kindergarten and see how naturally they share, look at how naturally women from different cultures and languages share their food recipes, it seems naive or trivial but truth is IP is pure fruit of capitalism and corporations greed ! Historically, world people shared knowledge, yes sometimes the knowledge spread by wars but mostly it spread by sharing and improvement. What's the meaning to hold a patent and block any further dev on the product ? A patent hold in a safe and protected by lawyers is a seed who has been denied to become a tree... Enjoy the doc ;)

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @Faudel

I think we had it mentioned/embedded in some of older topics, btw.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Damn true September 2016 ^^ my bad...