Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wierd issue in Premiere Export
  • I found a very strange error on footage from this little camcorder - maybe some of you has a tm90 that has similar problems or has encountered it somewhere else? Anyway, this was shot in 50i, edited in premiere cs5.5 with mild color correction, played back in VLC after export. (screen cap) I also used frame blend.. but I don't see how that could explain the problem.

The image below is a detail from single frame green speckles in a certain black area, appearing in different places at different times. So basically there was an object that sparkled with green stuff. This could only be found on this part of the footage. (In complete blacks)

Any ideas as to why this have happened?

EDIT: the problem occured after export from cs5.5, in other words - has to be something I managed to bring upon myself.. or an export problem. Anyway, if you have ever encountered the same - please let me know!

EDIT2: see below post as well.

Error.jpg
    38 x 179 - 9K
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • I can confirm that this happens during export from Premiere.. It doesn't show inside the editor, nor in the original footage. Exported as 1080p, mainconcept h264 15/20mgpbs bitrate. The same also shows on a still frame that is included, but on the whites instead.. So I guess it can't have anything to do with interlacing. Is there anyone who has encountered similar issues?

• You tried other computer, turnin off GPU acceleration?

• Nope, other computer would be a bit too complicated right now - turning off GPU might be an option - I'll try that. This is the first time I have such a problem and I've been doing similar jobs many, many times already (similar settings, similar setup, similar length and similar scenes). The sd90 was the only "new" component, but I used it two weeks ago without any issues, and the still displayed similar problems..

It is wierd though, that inter-cut footage from the gh2 works without issues.

• Such things usually mean some hardware glitches. May be GPU or most probably RAM.

• Hmm.. I'll try such a simple thing as a reboot. :)

Still no luck after reboot / small export.. Is there any software that can test ram-units?

Edit: I managed to get rid of the problem, I did a few things - After narrowing down to see the actual cause, it seems like unchecking "render at maximum depth" got rid of the issue.

• I too have experienced this and resolved it with unchecking "Use Preview" and "Rendering at Max Depth", the material was shot on a GH2 so not camera specific. The export used a lot of Magic Bullet soft focusing and I was rendering previews as I was editing, the export had a sea of green ripple accross dark / softfocused areas.

• I graded with cs5.5 native effects, curves and 3-way color corrector.. So i'm in doubt if that could affect it, even if MB is notorious for consuming resources. Maybe this indeed has to do with ram usage in some strange way? (and the Max Depth rendering function)

• If it's a hardware issue it would probably mainfest across different render settings.

so change the render settings. There are times video that appears fine in premeire does odd things on the rendered video playback.

You could try the match sequence settings checkbox in media encoder. If you need h264 monkey with the settings.

The high bitrate h264 output with mainconcept is problematic if you have custom setting so try lower default profiles.