Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Ocean Event - shot entirely with GH13 & IPowell patch
  • Shot with single GH13 on back of a Jetski, 14-140 kit lens with ND8 - on water footage in WP housing, 20mm pancake - on land with FaderND, Minor WB correction in post, Ipowell 75Mb reliable patch 720p 50fps 1/50 shutter.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Well done. So how did you keep the camera so steady and horizon level on a jetski? Do you have steady rig on a platform of some sort? And you shot 720p for that reason as well as slow motion? Was that vibrant mode, polarizer, + saturation or just your average Ausi beautiful-day-in-paradise look? Cheers

• Thanks, No, just a custom water housing, two handles and a lot of practice ( i shoot these events every week). 720p was for Slommo option, 1080 would have been jello city. Was actually shot SMOOTH MODE, -2 everything, ND8 on the 14 - 140, VariND on the 20mm P/C. No polarizer, No saturation CC in post only white balance. Yes was a perfect Ozzie day.

• Looks great Ramo :) The colors really pop but in a very natural and pleasing way. I would've guessed you were on a boat the way it looks so steady and smooth.

• Some of the shots look like I'm on a boat but the Jetski is in the wake of a huge fly deck cruiser occaisionally. Was shot in shutter priority mode I dynamic enabled, auto iso and I just let the camera select exposure then I locked focus and AE with the lock button. Camera did a great job of selecting exposure. WB was daylight with a bit of magenta removed in camera settings. Makes it easy when the light conditions are near perfect hey?

Thanks for watching.

• Great work, Rambo! I've been so absorbed with tweaking the GH2 lately that I'd almost forgotten how sharp the GH1 can look in the right hands. The fact that this was shot handheld on a jetski makes it a remarkable feat of balance as well. Thanks once again for subjecting my 75Mbps Peak Reliability Patch to your swirly open seas acid test; can't wait to see how you pummel the GH2 once we're done with it!

• As GH1 owner myself, I can attest that i'm still learning the sweet spot for this camera and every now and then it gives a stunning image. It has it's limits but GH1 can still punch above it's weight class very well. I've been messing around with the My Color Mode, which allows me to go even flatter with the color profile. The only thing I noticed is that the banding on Walls was more pronounced. Still tweaking.