Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV Telegram channel! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Trotsky dramatisation on Netflix
  • Just started watching the dramatisation Trotsky on Netflix. It is beautifully shot in lots of ways and great to see something out with the standard Western view of all things Soviet here in the UK. Just wondered Vitaliy what your thoughts were. In your Personal view what's inaccurate about it and how does it reflect on reality from your own experience.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @Duncanario

If you mean our Russian series https://www.netflix.com/ru/title/81025391 in English it is trash and horror.

People who are doing such know that only small amount of people will go and check facts and start to read stuff.

• Yes that's the one. It's the danger with this kind of thing, so many people with their own agenda. Are you saying it's just the English version that's trash and the Russian version is OK? The one i'm watching is in Russian with English subtitles.

• @Duncanario

I am saying that it is trash in any language. Or you expected something else from ruling class?

• I had zero expectations, that's why I was asking you what you thought about it. Wasn't looking to argue with anyone about it. Was just interested what a Russian with a continued opposition to Capitalism would have to say about the portrayal of the Soviet Union in this piece. Certainly not going to get it from Wikipedia.

• @Duncanario

Well, ruling class can't do depiction of real thing :-). They still are in sane state and want to live at least a little longer.