Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: Most popular Aliexpress sellers scam in 2018
  • Algorithm is quite simple.

• Step 1. Make some popular product listing.
    • Step 2. Set price lower than competition, add coupons options, etc. Better to do it during hot sales days.
    • Step 3. After getting orders do nothing, or from 100 orders can send 2-3, for all else generate fake numbers.
    • Step 4. Tell fake number and mark product as shipped.
    • Step 5. Try to reply some bullshit to customer, usually seller have set of idiotic template responses
    • Step 6. After long time people stop waiting and open disputes. And get their money back.
    • Step 7. So what was sellers scam goal if not stealing money?
    • Step 8. Aliexpress is allowing this scam to become widespread because they report nice numbers to investors and have your money for long time on their account.
    • Step 9. Seller does this to get fake orders number. As Aliexpress intentionally counts unshipped orders as legit shipped ones.
    • Step 10. After this seller set price to one with good profit and as most buyers start with sorting based on orders number - you get most new orders.
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Small useful addition.

Such scam is actively being used especially by medium and large shops, far from new and with normal reputation.

Just Chinese mentality, if it is possible to scam you and be sure that you won't be punished, they will.

• Aliexpress sellers are guilty of small scams and big scams but the escrow system (which it is) and disputes resolution system are better than any others' I've seen (maybe Amazon which offers refunds and returns easily).

Most common little scam I've seen is the false tracking number, usually for a delay shipping (they don't have the goods yet and can't send them). Rarely, someone might pretend to send something hope you don't bother checking (watch out for 60 day shipping). But it's rare

If you are calm and state your dispute clearly with good video evidence and don't accept paypal refunds. You will get your money back and likely keep the goods. The dispute process takes a few days and Aliexpress steps in. Only reason I am writing this I've been really ripped off by ebay and won't use that system for purchases more than a few dollars now. I've been impressed with Aliexpress and the reason I think it works is it is an escrow system, the buyer doesn't get the money until you accept the goods. You can also accept the goods and open a dispute if you don't provide feedback (sometimes you want to check everything works right?).

• @independent

This scam requires(!) escrow system. And it is why Aliexpress do not step in and protect such sellers, as all this time they use your money.
    Here they are after your coupons (also why aliexpress love them) and your time.

Normally all works ok, but lately scam I mentioned above became widespread.

• perhaps one small reason why some see the need for a social credit system that will give scammers no room to operate and cut off the money they scammed. Maybe Ali and eBay scammers learned something from Brooklyn Photo Stores :) If anybody can post a stock photo of a product to sell, the greater potential for scams. But most sellers are just sales agents with no actual warehouse full of products.

• Perhaps one small reason why some see the need for a social credit system that will give scammers no room to operate and cut off the money they scammed.

Instantly it'll be services and people who will cheat the system. And you can only imagine power your boss and company will have now. Don't want to stay at nigh during weekend without payment? Well, ok, but we will ruin your rating.

If anybody can post a stock photo of a product to sell, the greater potential for scams.

On Ali if you sell any brand you need to provide papers that you are dealer or such. Actually this is why prices on ali now suck badly.

• Alibaba, Aliexpress largest shareholders, Japan Softbank and US Yahoo.

Softbank 29.11

Yahoo! 14.95

Jack Yun Ma, Executive Chairman 7.0

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/111114/top-five-alibaba-shareholders.asp