Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Finally finished my Rig...homemade
  • Well, i am truly happy about the Rig ive made and in fact its Waaaaay better than the bigger one i have . I am probably going to just build another one of these for my other Gh2. The only benefit to the other one is that it really looks the part . Some customers as we know want cameras that look right out of hollywood. Anyway i made this out of Tent poles from Academy $7-8 dlls, spark plug clamps from ebay $14 dlls. Follow focus is from a lego ff that i copied from my buddies rig. A handle from ebay $5 dlls. Lastly, i added a handle that curves to the top ..which i bought the parts from Home Depot and it cost me a total of about $9 dlls. This handle is just absolutely remarkable i can just float around like a flycam in a sense just balancing the camera with my three fingers. I get low angle shots so comfortably and the footage is just like my flycam nano. So freaking happy with this rig. I can also add a monitor to the handle which i will be doing in the near future. I will probably always be modifying it and improving it as i go. I have used this with my monopod and have to admit that it gives me the most steady shots ive ever experienced. Ive used shoulder mounted systems and have quiet a few of them and all would give me problems at times with movement..either when im breathing or just standing. Anyway hope this can give you all some ideas. You dont have to spend a fortune to have a real nice Rig..

IMG_1410.jpg
    3456 x 5184 - 2M
    IMG_1411.jpg
    3456 x 5184 - 2M
    IMG_1418.jpg
    3456 x 5184 - 2M
    IMG_1438.jpg
    5184 x 3456 - 2M
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • Very nice wedphoto i looking into building a rig myself too, thanks for sharing this can you make like a simple diagram on how all parts fit together ? also what sound recording are you using? thank you!

• Yes, I'll probably just do a simple video tutorial on how to make one in just a few days.

• how much for one

• Ok, so i added one last thing to the rig...which i think is totally cool. I started out not wanting to do a tutorial....but ended up doing a semi-tutorial on the rig...:)

• Cool! Looks really pro. Can you adjust the follow focus if you put another lens on?

• Nice job. Looking forward to your tutorial and to building one for myself. But can you please replace the 9V in your smoke alarm? It would be a shame to lose all that ingenuity.

• @wedphoto , great work, your FF works even with pancake lenses, mine gini focus does not :-( congrats

• This looks really nice +1 for the full tutorial.

• lol....maybe i need someone to do a tutorial on how to remove that damn beep. I swear i already removed the lid off of it and there was no battery its wired into the house. I also press the reset button to no avail. Tonight i will take care of it even if i have to remove the smoke alarm.:) Anyway i currently use the rig with the 20 mm pancake. Before i neoprened the rig i would use it with all the lenses no problem . Instead of one large piece of neoprene covering all 4 rails, I would just need to configure the neoprene differently in the front so i can use with all the lenses again. Im gonna work on that tonight when i get out of work. I will also work on doing the full tutorial tonight and hopefully have it ready by tomorrow afternoon.

• Lego Technic - Follow Focus !!!

• Well ive been sick and havent had time for the the full tutorial. But should be feeling fine in a few days. Lego technics is exactly right :)