Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Energy: Issues getting more lithium

sa4416.jpg
    666 x 482 - 39K
    sa4415.jpg
    792 x 505 - 47K
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • Bolivia has vast amounts of lithium in the Uyuni salt flats - very sad because this fantastic natural wonder will likely be ruined.

• The Worlds bigest lithium oi Is now un Perú. No one Will touch Uyuni.

• Why do you say that? Because of political unrest in Bolivia or...?

• Latest news about lithium.

http://www.mining.com/peru-unit-plateau-energy-finds-one-worlds-largest-lithium-resource/

"Salt flats in neighbouring Chile and Bolivia, Solis said, have an average grade of 500 parts per million (ppm). The Falchani deposit, in contrast, is believed to have ore grades six to seven times higher of between 3,500 to 4,000 ppm, he said."

• Bolivias políticas unrest.....hmmmm.....dont thinking so.

I'm peruvian my dear yellowcake. News put on newspaper on july this year.

• Interesting. So for the sake of clarity, are you saying the reason no one will touch Uyuni is because the Peruvian hardrock deposit is so much better there would be no need?

(The reason I ask is that my trip to Uyuni was cancelled earlier this year and I would like to see it unspoiled. I saw the Atacama and loved it.)

• Go in peace my yellowcake, south América Is still a Good place to go and do warever you want if you got the money and the balls.