Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Using RC Helicopter for shooting
  • This discussion was created from comments split from: Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic.
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • Only one question, want to buy a new camera for still and video for aerial shooting from rc heli platform. I do need live view over composite output during video recording for downlink.

Will it be possible with hacked GH2 or Gh1 ?
  • > RC heli live composite video downlink possible with (hacked) GH2 or Gh1?

Not straight from the camera (yet).

You could add a small camera (spy cam) to the heli that will allow this.
  • Jaapsb, I am looking into which heli I should buy for video shooting... can you point me in the right direction..

as to what I should buy...
  • I have owned a Hexa XL for my GH1 for a couple of weeks now.

I have flown it only on two occasions. On the first I had a small instruction and got scared because of the rude and fast movements of the heli when moving the control sticks. Later that day I flew it again and made a two similar videos at the same location.

Last week I went to practice in the woods and had two crashes... It was not so smart to go there, I guess, but the second flight there was kind of OK. Luckily, there was no electronic damage, and I hope to have it repaired by this weekend.

Read about my experiences here soon
  • I've now got a DJI Naza unit installed in a QuadCopter and have had four flights with it now. (Although I have lot of previous RC experience)

It is very easy to control, much easier than I expected. I had a couple of flights last night in the dark and 40mph winds. Mostly successful, however managed to break a couple of props when A gust of wind pushed the quad against a tree.

Have changed from three blade to two blade props, which has increased the noise but two blade props are much more easy to balance!

When I'm around in the light I'll grab some video ...