Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Interframe Project: 50p/60p from 25p/24p and 30p
  • Many of the latest models of LCD TVs now include an extra frames feature, usually either 120Hz or 240Hz. This just means they take the source video, which is usually between 24-30FPS, and add fake frames between the real frames that make the motion look much more smooth.

A lot of people don't realise this, but a lot of TVs made before this feature was introduced are actually capable of displaying 50FPS and 60FPS, and of course most LCD monitors display 60FPS as well.

The PS3 also serves up content at 60FPS, which opens up possibilities for people who use their PS3 as a media server.

This tutorial will allow you to convert videos of any framerate to higher framerates; 25FPS becomes 50FPS and 24/30FPS becomes 60FPS.

As of January 2011, this script offers greater quality than any televisions do.

http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Is this worthwhile to work with. Please share your experience.

• it looks interesting.. I downloaded the original and converted files.. the converted file seems smoother but there are a lot of artifacts .. look at actors left hand and the motocycles behind him.. it´s ugly but worth a try..
    I wonder if anybody could make a premiere or AE plugin based on the program scripts, but first I´ll wait what magic the forum masters can do with it..

• You can just get cheap MAGIX Movie Edit MX, and use frame interpolation. It'll be much better result than such scripts.

• "if anybody could make a premiere or AE plugin" Its already inside AE. Stretch clip, turn on pixel motion, thats it. As all interpolation it tends to produce artefacts.

• I agree with Vitaliy K. I film all the time on a 60i camera (that is precisely 29.97 frames to be clear). I import clip into Magix (Video Edit MX or Video X4) and from Effects | Speed I just click [interpolate], nothing else. I export at 29.97, the result is now progressive, artifacts removed. Import the new (29.97P) clip into the timeline and export it again at 23.97. This time DO NOT check [interpolate]. You will have excellent 24P footage. A lot of the artifacts can be removed by: asking subject to move slower, adding more light, increasing shutter speed. Even if you have a 60P camera, most of the artifacts should be removed while filming by optimizing the conditions, not rely on post to take poor footage and make it good.

• Have you compared Magix to InterFrame?

• @incrediblefootage do you mean that 60i is transferred into perfect 60p by Magix in one step. In this case result should be compared with QTGMC filter for AVIsynth. See http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/QTGMC.

If you want to transfer 30p into 60p then compare with interframe method.